Friday, February 10, 2012

Shard: One

Precursor: So, now I'm one of the rest of you. Looks like I should type something in here, something important that lots of people will want or need to read to make their days complete. Maybe It should be deep and meaningful or something.

But it probably won't be. So read at your own risk. Or don't. It's all good to me.

Body: Last night I had a dream. Not really a strange one, but one that I remember. Before I go on allow me to relate my opinions on dreams. They aren't magical, or prophetic. They can have meaning, if only to help you figure out what's been weighing on your mind heavily.

But last night, I don't think my mind was doing that. I hope not.

See, lately I've had a few things going on in my life that have all but driven me insane. I won't go into them because they are my business, not yours. Suffice it to say that these things are majorly life-changing (and not necessarily in a good way) things.

But last night my mind felt like playing basketball. In a well-known if low class store. With some people I haven't seen or talked to in years. Which would have been alright, if odd, except how my mind portrayed everyone.

Every single person looked like we used to except in our eyes. The eyes showed a gleam of experience. Some good, some bad. I could tell that we had moved on with our lives since we used to hang out. It was weird, because it showed that everyone else had experiences to draw upon to figure out what to do. They knew, with a confidence what they were planning.

And then there were the voices. Do you know what a teen sounds like when you remove the innocence of youth and the passion of ignorance? That voice sounds an awful lot like an adult. It sounds like something important was lost.

And my mind also made sure to push a few of my more recent and embarrassing shortcomings into it. Just for good measure. So, my mind felt a need to remind me of all the good times past, and how lost I am.

No wonder I don't like sleeping and never trust dreams. They twist me up.

The End: I figure that's enough rambling for a first post. Maybe the next one will involve kittens! Tasty, tasty kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment